Thursday, August 14, 2008

Glasses for Hope


Life is just so busy always around our house and I keep hoping I can blog on a more regular basis and I am sure that will happen just as soon as the LWML convention is over in September. Right now Mom is spending almost 18 hours a day working ont he convention which leaves very little time for anything else and especially sleep. However, I do want to share with all of you a couple of pictures of Hope in her glasses. We went a couple of weeks ago to the eye doctor because she failed her eye exam at school. I knew from her eye doctor back last year she had astigmatism and probably would need glasses when starting school, but I was praying so hard she wouldn't need them, I just couldn't figure out along with two processors how in the world we were going to keep glasses on her little head as well. I guess the Lord knew better then Mom because the stay on pretty well. Hope was so excited, she really was upset we had to leave them at the eye doctor for a couple of weeks. When they called me yesterday to tell me they were ready and I told her she jumped up and down and raised her arms up in the air and said yeah, yeah, yeah!


Dawn, this funny story is just for you.. After the technician fitted her with the glasses he handed her a cute little pink plastic case for her glasses to go into it slides together. She pulled it apart lifted up her arm and applied her plastic case as deodarant. She had the entire waiting room and the other two technicians rolling in the aisles. I said I guess you have never seen the cases used that way before?


She has been real good with them all evening and has taken them off to play in her room and eat dinner and put them back on to watch T.V.


Of course big brother Joel, says she's not cute anymore, which Mom then gave him the MOTHER LOOK..... and said you better not let me ever hear you say that to Hope. He thinks she just wants to wear glasses. Joel had perfect vision and perfect eyes, he had his eyes dialated and has never had that before and got the big ole black pair of sun glasses that he has made into his robot glasses he calls them and wears them around to scare the dog now.


I'll have to take a picture of that in a day or so and post. This weekend is Hope's 6th birthday and will be posting again in a couple of days. Thank you for taking time to read our Noodle Kids story. They are great kids and I am just so blessed to have these two wonderful silly kiddos in my life.


1 comment:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I think she looks gorgeous in those glasses...