Monday, July 7, 2008

July 4th 2008

Not only was it my birthday, but we celebrated by being in the Melbourne 4th of July Parade. It was difficult explaining to Joel why America also celebrates their birthday when I do, but I just figure that as he learns American History he will eventually understand. By the way not only where we in the parade we were in a horse drawn carriage.

I have been emailing a lady in Melbourne since 2005/6 she has followed my journey to China when we left for Hope and then Joel. She was driving down the street and noticed me, strange, huh. I was standing beside the carriage at the park. She hollered at me from the car and I ran over and hugged her, she jumped out and we talked for a long time. Her and her husband Mike are also adopting from China. We have never met, but have been in contact for the past few years. It is such a small world and I was thrilled to finally meet her.

The kids just loved it and later in the evening we went to the old air strip and let the kids play around in the inflatables and see the antique airplanes and helicopters and watch the fireworks. Joel's one complaint was that in China he gets to do the fireworks not just see them. I said here son you see them not play with them. Hope was so loud with all her oooo's and auh's that she had everyone laughing around her. She loved it. Well, just take a look and see.

3 comments:

Carol said...

What fun to ride in the parade - "in a surrey with the fringe on top." I can just imagine how Hope reacted to each firework as it exploded!!! Thanks for sharing.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Why hello there... the site is looking nice... I like... it was SO great talking to you the other day... we just got back from a few days away... will catch up with you... take care

elizabeth said...

Hi! I found your blog via CICircle. It is great! I hope you'll consider adding it to the aggregator at Deaf Village (www.deafvillage.com) -- we'd love to have you as part of our community!